Sunday, February 25, 2024

Flip-A-Coin

Why would I want to remember the worst crime I've ever seen? Why should I think that doctor could save my life? Maybe millions of other people could do that too at one time or another just by asking me to pass the potatoes. Should I also go into debt to my dinner guest for his efforts in saving my life? One went to school on top of schools, took years in specialized training and now must meet the payment of his malpractice insurance to keep his medical practice going. The other only needed to prefer margerine to butter to save my life. He has no idea that he is saving my life. So how is it assured that this under educated man with bad dietary choices and no malpractice debt can do what the doctor could not? Some might call it a freak thing. A wild happenstance. A million to one shot. It may even be a mathimatical anomoly we have not figured out yet, but one thing seems certain... It does happen.